Friday, August 24, 2012

jumpsuit.

There are few things I love more than a good jumpsuit.

A few of you are probably raising your eyebrows at the screen, and if you were alive during the 70's, you're probably muttering that the jumpsuit has already been done.

However, it's a classic. I like to think of it as the pants version of the shift dress. No matter what your body shape is, nearly every woman looks extremely feminine and shapely in a jumpsuit. It conceals and bumps and lumps, while showcasing a trim waist.

Here are a few of my favourites I've seen so far this year:

I'm a strong believer that your clothes are just as much as memory catcher as a camera is.

Riffling deep into your closet and stumbling across those pieces that you wore to certain events (big or small) can make you stop for a moment.

This happened this morning, when I came across my black jumpsuit.

When I was in Montreal earlier this year, I picked up a black jumpsuit from Simons that cost next to nothing. I don't even think I tried it on - I just knew it would fit.

I have worn it to several events, gatherings and parties (both fancy and casual) and have always felt perfectly in place.

However, the best memories in that jumpsuit was the night of my roommate and dear friend's going away party. I can't believe I didn't take any photos during that evening. Le sigh.

It's no Academy Award dress, but I still think about that night in the same way - especially because of what I was wearing, and how awesome I felt in it.

As summer winds down and we start to see the fall fashions invade the stores, if you see a brunette with cat eye makeup and an Olympic-patched denim jacket swiping up any jumpsuits or rompers from summer - that's me.

Just a thought.

1 comment:

  1. love it :) I am not brave enough for the full pant jumper, but have romped around in a shorts version this summer.
    xxx
    ~ty.

    ReplyDelete